RADAR ALTIMETER FOR GENERAL AVIATION
RA-17GA is the new generation of WAVENET Radar Altimeter. A new software and manufacturing process make it have much better performance and new features.
RA-17GA MAIN UNIT
- RA-17GA radar altimeter main unit works in FMCW mode (FM Continuous wave) to provide an accurate measure in a wide range of altitudes, from very low ones up to the maximum of the instrument.
- Made entirely of high technology SMD components, its reliability is very high even in case of strong G-forces.
- Designed with a state-of-the-art DSP the unit performs a very fast calculation and supervision of its functions.
- Very small and robust, the unit has four appropriate anchorage points to fix it to any surface in the aircraft.
RA-17GA DIGITAL INDICATOR
- RA-17D digital display is a compact subsystem that can be mounted in any Standard aviation panel due to its 2.25” diameter.
- RA-17D has two displays: one for AGL and one for DH, as well as visual indications of different warning: below DH, GEAR and above ULM.
- DH altitude is configurable by mean of a turning push-button, which is also used to perform a system test.
- GEAR and ULM conditions are set in manufacture process.
- When powered up, RA-17D lights every visual indication (display shows 8888 and 888) and emits a short beep to allow the pilot to check that all indications are working properly.
- If RA-17GA detects a malfunction or it is out of range, RA-17D AGL display shows four dashes (—-) as described in ARINC 707-7 to indicate the fault condition.
RA-17DR NEW FEATURES:
- New 4 patch antennas.
- Better accuracy at low altitudes.
- Better performance in going out and in range.
- Capability for on/off during fly.